2019 Low Income Property Tax Exemption
- Published: April 24 2019 09:08
Application deadline May 31, 2019
Under authority in section 69 of Municipal Government Act it is the policy of the Town of Digby to grant a tax exemption on residential taxes to low income property owners.
Low-income property owners may be granted a yearly tax reduction of $307.00 subject to the following conditions:
1. Legal title to the property resides with the taxpayer.
2. Exemption shall not be granted to any account showing arrears.
3. The taxpayer is a resident of the property.
4. An application form must be completed and processed for each year.
5. The maximum taxable household income shall not exceed. $22,731.00 As all low income residents are eligible for the GST Rebate, a Federal Income Tax Return must be filed annually. Documentation for proof of income is required for all persons living in the household. A copy of each of their Income Tax Returns (NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT) is to be attached to the application. (T4 SLIPS ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
6. Deadline for completed applications to be received is May 31, 2019
Edwin T. Ossinger
Town of Digby