- Published: August 22 2019 13:17
Digby Area Recreation Commission Recreation Director Position Available
The Digby Area Recreation Commission (DARC) is a non-for-profit organization providing meaningful leisure for the enriched living of all citizens of the Town and Municipality of Digby. DARC is also responsible for the management, supervision, and promotion of the Digby County recreation facilities, special events, and seniors’ programs. DARC has been recognized for its innovation and programming.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Recreation Director is responsible for the leadership and direction of the organization. The Board is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated individual.
Required Skills & Background:
• Strong leadership, managerial, and decision-making capabilities;
• Knowledge of financial procedures and practices, including grant writing, and managing a budget;
• University degree in Recreation or a relevant field. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be given consideration;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently, as a member of a team, committee, Board, and with all levels of government;
• Strategic thinker who is open to new ideas, managing change, and a willingness to learn;
• Minimum of five years related experience including 2 years in a supervisory role: Experience in a facility management role is considered an asset.
DARC is an equal opportunities employer.
Resumes should be forwarded by September 25th, 2019 to:
E. Tom Ossinger
Chief Administrative Officer
PO Box 579
Thanks to all who apply, only those granted an interview will be contacted.