Joe Casey Award Ceremony
- Published: August 06 2020 09:29
The Joe Casey Humanitarian Award Ceremony
Will be held
Friday August 7, 2020
at 11:00 a.m.
Location: The Promenade
(behind the cenotaph)
All are welcome to attend
Please remember to social distance as per public health guidelines
Are you on the voter list?
- Published: August 05 2020 15:04
Revisons to the prelimiary list of electors for Municipal and School board elections can be done now
Consideraton of adoption By law Notice
- Published: July 14 2020 13:58
Town Hall Reopening
- Published: July 02 2020 09:53
Public Notice Town Hall Reopening
Beginning Monday July 6, 2020
- Published: May 25 2020 14:17
Notice to Town of Digby Property Owners
- Published: May 06 2020 13:53
The Town of Digby interim tax bill has been sent to property owners due to financial challenges associated with COVID-19 the due date of the Interim tax bill will be August 31, 2020.
Council recognizes the challenging times we are in and we are working on a plan to assist those who have been directly affected by Covid-19 more information to come in the days ahead.
Stay safe, be kind we are all in this together.
2020 Low Income Property Tax Exemption Policy
- Published: May 06 2020 13:37
Town of Digby
Low Income PropertyTax Exemption
Under authority in section 69 of Municipal Government Act it is the policy of the Town of Digby to grant a tax exemption on residential taxes to low income property owners.
Low-income property owners may be granted a tax reduction of $312.00 subject to the following conditions:
1. Legal title to the property resides with the taxpayer.
2. Exemption shall not be granted to any account showing arrears.
3. The taxpayer is a resident of the property.
4. An application form must be completed and processed for each year.
5. The maximum taxable household income shall not exceed. $23,095.00. Documentation for proof of income is required for all persons living in the household. A copy of each of their Income Tax Returns (NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT) for the calendar year immediately prior to the property tax year for which an application for exemption is being made is to be attached to the application. (T4 SLIPS ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
6. Deadline for completed applications to be received is May 31 (exception: July 31, 2020)
Note: The Low Income Property Tax Exemption Policy and the application form can be found below or contact us 902-245-4769 and we can mail you the policy and the application form.
Edwin T. Ossinger
Town of Digby
Town of Digby Parks
- Published: May 01 2020 16:22
As of 8:00 AM Saturday May 2nd 2020 the following parks will be open:
• Fishermen’s Memorial Park (excluding the children’s play equipment)
• Town of Digby Dog Park
• Promenade/look off
• Digby Centre
People are still reminded to adhere to all public health guidelines.