Town of Digby
Low Income PropertyTax Exemption
Under authority in section 69 of Municipal Government Act it is the policy of the Town of Digby to grant a tax exemption on residential taxes to low income property owners.
Low-income property owners may be granted a tax reduction of $312.00 subject to the following conditions:
1. Legal title to the property resides with the taxpayer.
2. Exemption shall not be granted to any account showing arrears.
3. The taxpayer is a resident of the property.
4. An application form must be completed and processed for each year.
5. The maximum taxable household income shall not exceed. $23,095.00. Documentation for proof of income is required for all persons living in the household. A copy of each of their Income Tax Returns (NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT) for the calendar year immediately prior to the property tax year for which an application for exemption is being made is to be attached to the application. (T4 SLIPS ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
6. Deadline for completed applications to be received is May 31 (exception: July 31, 2020)
Note: The Low Income Property Tax Exemption Policy and the application form can be found below or contact us 902-245-4769 and we can mail you the policy and the application form.
Edwin T. Ossinger
Town of Digby
People are still reminded to adhere to all public health guidelines.
A difficult day in Digby as fellow councillors, staff, and the entire community reflect on the life and contributions of a caring and empathetic individual.